Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Jellyfish


After seeing some amazing deep sea creatures in our science lessons, it seemed fitting to use them as inspiration for art! I decided to use the idea of chalk/pastel translucent jellyfish which I'd seen in a couple of pictures on-line (such as the lesson in this post).

We discussed how we could create tone by blending coloured and white chalk on the black paper. I was glad I'd asked them to practise on some scrap pieces first as jellyfish shapes and blending turned out to be more challenging than I'd anticipated...but challenge is good so that was fine!

Once the children had finished their jellyfish composition using the chalk, they splattered the background with white paint (perhaps a little over-enthusiastically in some cases) to represent the bubbles and 'marine snow' in the deep sea habitat.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for link to my site Create Art with ME! The speckled Background was a great idea & I bet your kids had lots of fun doing it!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete