As everyone had been following the Olympics, we started on sport-themed silhouette pictures. This week we talked about tints and shades and painted backgrounds. Later they will paint a silhouette of someone doing sport on top.
I have to admit, since I started browsing art blogs, the number of original art lessons I've taught has definitely decreased - there are so many good ideas out there I want to try! The tints and shades background is no exception. I can't remember where I first saw an example but 'The Bees Knees Cousin' recently posted helpful instructions. I was surprised how challenging this activity was for my class (and that it took the whole afternoon). They especially found it hard not to get too dark too quickly. I think the backgrounds turned out well in the end though!
Hey - I remember doing those in art lessons too! I don't think mine were as good as those - as a perfectionist with very little artistic talent, my output was rather sparse...
ReplyDelete