Last time I taught op art was a couple of years ago. My current group have been studying light and sight in science so it seemed a perfect time to teach about it again!
There were loads of ideas I wanted to try but we just had time for the line 'tornado' op art (which I wrote about last time here) and a collaborative project using one-point perspective. It was a different design to last time but also a design I found on-line. Unfortunately it was a picture someone had 'pinned' and I had no luck tracing where the original came from! We also looked at op art on the Smartboard.
Anyway, I drew most of the design in pencil, explained it to the kids and they finished the pencil part and did the colouring in whenever they had a spare moment.
They all looooved op art! They were drawing their own designs at home, bringing in books, pictures they'd found... So we even wrote reports about the history of op art (this fun Bridget Riley video clip from the BBC helped).
No comments:
Post a Comment