Saturday, 16 June 2012

Work in Progress

A week ago we started our Op Art mural and it is still work in progress. We had discussed Op Art before Easter (and during a visit to a modern art gallery) so we just had a brief review of the style and talked about the use of line and colour before the colouring began. Everyone in the class has coloured at least a couple of 'squares' so far.

I first saw the idea on Artisan des Arts (which also linked to another post) and used the advice to create this project. I stuck together some large sheets of paper and drew the design. Pupils have been colouring alternate boxes (which I'd marked with a small 'x') and have just started to colour the remaining boxes black. We all liked how it looked without the black but adding it does help to cover up any mistakes as well as make the design stand out.

We're really enjoying having this project on the go and I would definitely try it again - it would be fun to try out other Op Art designs. I would also get pupils more involved in drawing out the design. I'll post the final results when we're done!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you've been inspired! thanks for linking back!

    ReplyDelete