
...one giant display for the classroom! As we were finding out about the 1969 lunar landing, I decided to start a large piece of art that all the kids could be involved in making. Two of the children were traced around and groups got to work filling the outlines with scrunched newspaper to add texture then painting the astronauts white. Other pupils made the lunar surface with grey chalk or pastels, some painted the Earth on black paper and used white chalk and black pastel to finish it off, the flag was paint with wax resist for the stars and two pupils wrote a title and painted it silver. I think there are still a couple flags, badges and other things to add to the spacesuits but I wanted to get it all up on the wall asap before the end of the year.
Having made this group display, I think we might try another before the end of the year. We worked on Op Art a bit before Easter and the children really like it. Think we might try the idea I came across here over the next couple weeks. It would be a good thing for pupils to work on if they finish work early etc. Hope we have time to try it!
Having made this group display, I think we might try another before the end of the year. We worked on Op Art a bit before Easter and the children really like it. Think we might try the idea I came across here over the next couple weeks. It would be a good thing for pupils to work on if they finish work early etc. Hope we have time to try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment