Friday, 30 March 2012

Miniature Rooms

Once we finally got our classroom looking like an art gallery, it was time to make the highlights of the exhibition - miniature rooms! Originally I had thought of making rooms in shoe boxes but that seemed a bit fiddly. Thankfully I came across a useful template on the fantastic 'smART Class' blog.

I let the children choose one of our artists - Charles Rennie Mackintosh, the Colourists or Joan Eardley - as the inspiration for their rooms. Not sure if my Eardley example had anything to do with the number who chose her, or whether they just wanted to grafitti their walls, but they all worked away very happily over several lessons - first decorating the walls with the template laid flat, then adding bits of furniture and other details. After making the template with them, doing some planning together and going over some ideas, I basically just got out every kind of material I could get my hands on and let them go for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment