Friday, 1 May 2015
Colour Wheel Eyes
This is a wonderful lesson I tried a while back from the blog Splats, Scraps and Glue Blobs! I particularly liked it because it covered such a range of subjects, skills and knowledge.
We learned about colour theory and mixing primary, secondary and tertiary colours. I also introduced the children to the work of Rene Magritte and his surrealist eye.
As well as the art learning, this project fit in perfectly with our 'Light and Sight' science topic. It also provided a real opportunity to work with fractions and angles (dividing 360 degrees into twelfths).
I'd recommend a look at Splats, Scraps and Glue Blobs - my lesson was pretty similar. I've been working on colour wheels with my class again this week and they are very excited about coming up with their own colour wheel projects - from colour wheel wheels (i.e. for a vehicle) to colour wheel cakes or drum kits. I'm looking forward to the results!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOVE these- Magritte is one of my all-time favorites. Will have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) Me too - the class and I saw a couple Magritte paintings at an art gallery we visited last week. A bit of surrealism always goes down well!
Delete