Saturday, 28 September 2013

Carol Singers

It may only be September but my class were designing Christmas cards. As ridiculously early as it may seem, the designs needed to be done now so that parents could make orders and cards could be printed in time for Christmas.

When I spotted a these collage carol singers, I knew they would look great when printed and just had to try them! I saw the idea on Deep Space Sparkle but it came from the blog Plastiquem.

I didn't give the children a lot of help with shapes and sizes so the results were quite varied. Some had more difficulty drawing and cutting suitable shapes than I had anticipated! Nevertheless these will still make great cards. We splattered white paint over the background for snow as a finishing touch.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this! I do arts and crafts during golden time with my students...will look here for ideas!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! As soon as I saw this idea I knew I'd have to try it :) We did have to make it flatter than the original examples though because of getting it printed.

    ReplyDelete